The extra-curricular Cambridge classes at Madre de Dios are a mix of a general English with comprehensive Cambridge exam preparation integrated throughout. Our dynamic courses use all kinds of tools such as official Cambridge exam preparation books and media. As well as technology by playing interactive quiz games such as Kahoot. These various methods allow our students to achieve great results year after year.
At Madre de Dios we offer a wide range of extra-curricular preparation classes which focus on all official Cambridge levels from Starters (Beginner) to Advanced C1 (CAE). Each class focuses on the following with regards to its level:
- Wide variety of level-appropriate topics which students can relate to and use to engage in class discussion and speaking tasks
- Prepare and take exam style tests (in Reading, Writing, Use of English and Speaking) made by official Cambridge source
- Strong focus on vocabulary to improve their speaking skills to express themselves better
- We encourage students to identify common mistakes and correct each other through positive peer evaluations/feedback
- For older levels, there are weekly mock Speaking tests to get students gradually comfortable with expressing their ideas in an exam speaking format
- For older levels, there is a weekly writing assignment which develops their writing skills in each of the writing exam options
- Cross-curricular topics and grammar points with their regular day-to-day English classes to stimulate interests in both classes
- Extra grammar references and examples to assure they understand concepts seen for the first time
In order to ensure that our classes are beneficial to each student, we pride ourselves in keeping classes to a maximum of 14 students. This allows the teacher to provide more personal attention to each student and offer individual suggestions on how they can each improve.